Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Simply Awesome to be in Simply Vague

Note: This post was originally posted 8/2/13 and transferred to this site 9/17/13

Yesterday was a really big day for Gracie and Sam, LLC. It marked our first foray into a brick and mortar store. That's right - if you are in the Columbus, Ohio, area and want to see a Gracie and Sam Mei Tai up close and personal, just pop in to the Simply Vague store at the Tuttle Crossing Mall.
Simply Vague focuses exclusively on handmade products and local artisans. The items they carry are strictly juried, which is to say, these are quality handmades and not a random "craft fair" collection of goods. I wasn't sure what to expect as we (Cousin Sarah and I) drove thereon a 3.5 hour, 214 mile road trip , but I don't mind telling you I was more than a little intimidated when I parked in front of Macy's and walked through marble-floored halls surrounded by a collection of higher end stores and chic boutiques.

The store itself is filled with myriad lovelies ranging from furniture I would love to have (made from 100 to 200 year old recycled barn wood!!!) to jewelry of all varieties. About a quarter of the store is devoted to handcrafted items for children; there at the beginning edge of it stood the table for Gracie and Sam carriers.



Yes, it was an exciting day. I am amazed at how blessed this little endeavor is as God creates a path for sharing my passion for babywearing using a lifelong-honed skill of sewing so that our family can let me stay at home with our children.

If you're anywhere near the Dublin / Columbus, OH area, definitely pop in to Simply Vague. And just wait till I share updates in October when their second shop opens in the Polaris Fashion Place - one of the largest malls in the Midwest where Gracie and Sam Mei Tais will also be available!

No comments:

Post a Comment